American with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) is comprehensive legislation that guarantees that people with disabilities have the same access to programs, services and public facilities. It has enforceable standards and regulations for construction work and for the removal of barriers to access at existing buildings. McCormick & Associates helps both public and private owners of facilities and buildings meet their obligations under the ADA.
Our ADA Consultation services include:
- Survey of all areas within the boundaries of the site for conformance to specified construction-related accessibility standards
- Research of property records to determine legal nonconforming rights of existing buildings
- Written determinations of applicable exceptions for existing buildings and construction not in compliance with accessibility standards at time of original construction
- Develop plans and approaches to make services, programs and facilities readily accessible and usable by persons with disabilities in the most integrated setting appropriate
- Provide cost estimates for removal of architectural barriers in designated buildings
- Develop capital improvement plans for implementation based on available financial resources
- Solicit participation and input from individuals and organizations representing persons with disabilities for transition plans, equivalent facilitation and service alternatives
- Prepare final transition plans that take into account the nature of services, programs and facilities, financial and administrative burdens, and the historic significance of existing structures
If you have questions about your building’s ADA compliance, please call us today at 310.792.7044. Initial consultation is free.
To find out what we can do to help, see our CASp Services page.